Romance is always lingering in the air… not just on Valentine’s Day!
Are you planning on giving roses to a loved one during the holiday season? I thought it’d be fun to talk about the flowers, so you can share the meaning behind your gift.
Here are some fun facts:
- There are more than 100 species of roses.
- All roses have five petals except for one species, Rosa sericea.
- The tallest rose bush ever recorded was 23 feet tall.
- Roses are edible and can be used in salads, desserts, jams and other delicious foods. (Have you ever tried rose water or had rose petal jam?)
- Roses are the oldest cultivated plant used for decorative purposes. The Ancient Romans used these flowers to decorate buildings and create rose petal walkways.
- Each rose color even holds a different meaning…
Red roses symbolize love.
Pink roses signify grace.
Peach roses convey modesty.
Purple and violet roses represent enchantment.
Burgundy roses imply unconscious beauty.
Orange roses hold the meaning of fascination.
For more inspiration and business tips:
Like this blog? Get more tips + freebies right to your inbox.